NOURISHING ZUCCHINI SOUP
Posted on 22 July 2015
Our Ambassador and Nutritionist Jess Sepel gives us the run down of her go to dish when her body needs some rest and recovery.
This delicious soup is my go-to dish when I’m feeling stressed and run down. For me, there is something so comforting about curling up with a warm bowl of soup after a busy day of work meetings and writing content for my blog.
Zucchinis are a fabulous source of Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties so that your body can rest and repair itself.
Ingredients: (Makes 1 large pot of soup)
- 6 zucchinis
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leaks
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- cracked pepper
- bunch parsley chopped
- grated parmesan- optional
- Slice zucchinis
- Slice leaks
- Add chilli flakes, cumin salt and pepper
- Fry the above in a pot with the olive oil
- Add boiling water with stock cubes to cover vegetables.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Process till smooth with hand processor or food processor
- Sprinkle chopped parsley, crushed walnuts and grated Parmesan to taste. Or sprinkle with my homemade almond dukkah