Noa's Top Workouts To Try In LA And NY
Posted on 13 July 2015
One of the things I love about living in the US is that there’s a new workout to try every other week. I like to mix up HIIT classes with a variation on Pilates. I find this is what makes my body feel the best.
At the moment, these are my faves in LA and NYC:
- Body By Simone- studios in LA & NYC – Full Body or Dance Cardio are my favourite classes (you’ll be dripping with sweat but smiling from ear to ear, it’s a joyous class!)
- Lekfit – light weights, high repetitions and dance moves will sculpt and tone your body in a teeny tiny way.
- BoxNBurn – I’m a bit obsessed with boxing lately… this is a gritty gym but it’s all about the workout here and not about the scene. When I am next in NYC I also want to try ShadowBox
- StudioMDR – I hate this class but I love it at the same time. It’s a megaformer workout (on a giant pilates reformer bed) that sculpts and tones every inch of your body. In NYC, I love SLTNYC for the same type of workout
- Barre105 – A newly opened studio in Manhattan Beach, this class is intense! A barre class in 105 degree heat (40 degree Celsius) – you will be absolutely dripping..
- Soulcycle – it’s a bit of an obvious choice but there’s truly nothing like this workout – the energy in the room, the amazing workout and the community vibe are all incredible.
- Training Mate - Two Aussies started this studio in West Hollywood. It’s not only an incredible workout but also super fun – you’ll be laughing the entire session.