CHELSEA YAMASE- TOP TEN FESTIVE ACTIVITIES TO DO IN HAWAII
Posted on 07 December 2014
- Build a snowman, made out of sand :)
- Watch the huge winter swells come in at the "7 mile miracle" on Oahu's north shore as the Triple Crown of surfing brings the world's best surfers to compete.
- See snow in Hawaii! Head up to Mauna Kea, Hawaiian for "white mountain". At almost 14,000 ft (4,000 m) this volcanic summit sometimes gets a layer of skiable snow.
- Rent a cabin in Kokee state park. No cell phone reception, wood fireplaces and cold mountain solitude. But you're only 25 minutes from the sunny beaches.
- Ride bikes along any of the coastlines and keep an eye peeled for early arriving humpback whales.
- Watch the sunset over the water on the south shore. Better yet, put on a wetsuit top and watch it from a surfboard.
- After a heavy rain, go on an Atv or dune buggy adventure on Kauai or Maui.
- Run in or attend the Xterra trail run world championship or Honolulu Marathon.
- Watch one of the many Festival of Lights parades.
- Snorkel along the calm south shore waters to see the Hawaiian green sea turtle.