Quinoa, beetroot & broccoli salad with sultanas, pepitas and raspberry dressing by EAT FIT FOOD
Posted on 29 October 2014
Quinoa, beetroot & broccoli salad with sultanas, pepitas and raspberry dressing
A fresh crunchy salad doesn’t always have to be on the side, it can be the star of its own meal! Eat Fit Food’s Quinoa, beetroot & broccoli salad with sultanas, pepitas and raspberry dressing is delicious as a main meal or an accompaniment. This light summery salad is absolutely delicious and the flavours go so well together.
BEETROOT is a delicious root vegetable that will support our body’s detoxification process. Beetroot is also high in iron which will boost your energy levels and help fight fatigue.
PUMPKIN is an extremely good source of vitamins A and C, essential for maintaining good eyesight and a healthy immune system.
QUINOA (pronounced keen-wah) is notorious for its health benefits and is possibly ‘the’ superfood. Its nutty texture is a fabulous gluten free option which is high in protein (great for vegetarians), iron fibre and low in fat. Make sure you wash well before cooking and be adventurous with the different varieties and colours. Use Quinoa in salads, stuffings and anywhere you’d use rice or pasta.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 beetroot
- ¼ of a bunch of broccoli
- 600g sweet potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 capsicum
- A handful of walnuts
- A handful of sunflower/pepita seeds mixed
- ¼ of an onion
- A handful of sultanas
- A handful of parsley
- A handful of spinach
- Sal & pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen raspberry, thaw
- A dash of Dijon mustard
- A squeeze of honey
- A dash raspberry vinegar
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooked quinoa for 11 minutes
- Small diced beetroot, cook 180°C in oven for 30 minutes or so
- Cook sweet potato 180°C in small dice for 15 minutes
- Steam broccoli in small florets for 2 minutes
- Cook walnuts and seeds for 5 mins in oven 180°C
- Chop onion, carrot and capsicum
- Mixed the quinoa and parsley together with salt and pepper to taste
Arrange as you wish on your plate and ENJOY!