Naked Chicken Burgers
Posted on 30 September 2014
This is a delicious high protein meal that is packed full of nutrients and great for promoting muscle repair.
What you need:
- 500g free-range chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder OR two fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Natvia (stevia) or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce of choice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 170°.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients (apart from tomato and lettuce) and squeeze mixture through your hands until well combined.
- Wash hands, and leave damp.
- Split mixture into 8 balls and mould into burger patties.
- Place on a foil-lined baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve burgers stacked with sliced of tomato on a bed of lettuce.
Recipe by The Fit Foodie