Alkalizing Chicken Salad by Jess Sepel
Posted on 30 September 2014
Alkalising Salad with Chicken by Jess Sepel
What you need:
- ¼ avocado
- Large handful of spinach leaves
- 3 asparagus stalks
- 2 broccolini stalks or 2 florets of broccoli
- Handful of frozen peas
- 8 green beans or snow peas
- Good handful of any herbs (I use; continental parsley, mint, dill and coriander)
- Handful of green spouts
- 100-150g of chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsp. silvered or flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp. good quality feta (optional)
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbs of Zatar spice
- 2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Himalayan pink rock salt and a good quality pepper
What to do:
- If your chicken breasts are quite thick, I would use a sharp knife and cut open the flap and then divide it into two pieces.
- On a large plate, put the zatar spice. Place the breasts on top and evenly coat both sides.
- In a non-stick melt the coconut oil once the pan is hot place both chicken breasts. (Doesn’t matter which side first)
- Cook evenly on both sides for 6 minutes, let it rest once cooked.
- In a saucepan place boiling water, then if you have a colander that sits nicely on the pot place the asparagus, broccolini, beans, snow peas and steam for 3-4 minutes. If you don’t have access to a colander, boiling it in a pot will work fine.
- After 4 minutes, add the frozen peas and let it steam for another minute, then drain.
- In a medium size bowl add the spinach, sprouts, herbs (roughly chopped), avocado, almonds and feta.
- Roughly chop the steam ingredients, and add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the cooked Zatar chicken and mix with the salad.
- Dress the salad with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and season to taste.