The Big Apple is just that......BIG! For all you healthies out there, one of our amazing Instagram followers Alex (@Malexmoore) has taken the hard ground work out for you & has shared with us the best of her fit city. All health hot spots & workout gyms included! Enjoy!
The Fhitting Room
- The Fhitting Room® is a High Intensity Training (HIT) boutique fitness studio delivering a comprehensive, body-changing workout in a small class environment.
- “IF CARDIO, STRENGTH TRAINING AND PILATES HAD A BABY…IT WOULD BE SLT”
- The Bar Method exercise targets the muscles that play the greatest role in body change, then keeps these muscles working intensely and safely long enough for them to change. It then intensely stretches each muscle worked to make it look & feel longer & more graceful.
Barry's Boot Camp
- Offering as many as 12 classes, 365 days a year, Barry's Bootcamp combines intense cardio with strength training in every class.
- At SoulCycle they believe that fitness can be joyful. They climb, jog, sprint, dance, they set their intention, and they break through boundaries.
Exceed Physical Culture
- Exceed Physical Culture is a boutique, revolutionary functional fitness gym with a community where every person can be an athlete and can achieve their highest fitness goals.
You may want to purchase a Fitist
Pass which will give you a discount on all of the classes they have a connection with. It is generally a cheaper way to go then buying from each studio.
- NYC's premiere vegan oasis. Delicious, creative Food Fresh from Farm to Table. Organic wine, spirits, and beers at an elegant eco-bar.
City Bakery is one of the most popular food destinations in New York City. Part bakery, part cafe, coffee bar and cafeteria, in a two-level space at Union Square, one of the great neighborhoods of the city. The bakery creates seasonal menus from locally-grown and organic raw materials from the Union Square farmer's market two blocks away. Go for the delicious green juice (just ask for their most popular one) and I also the pumpkin seed wrap. City Bakery also owns Birdbath
which is great! They too have the great green juice and the pumpkin seed wrap.
- Organic avenue seeks to create a healthy planet with healthy living. They create the highest quality organic foods and juices that nourish humans, protect animals and preserve the planet.
- At Dig Inn, their mission is simple: to make it easier for people to eat well. They do this by adhering to a Food Philosophy that supports homemade food of real quality and exceptional flavor, and an unusual commitment to 100% transparency.
Mulberry and Vine
- "Eat Local, Cook Global" is their mantra. They're all about local, seasonal, organic, pesticide-free, hormone-free, and antibiotic-free food.
Blue Dog Cafe
- Customers come from all over midtown to line up for the area's most thoughtful lunch options: made-to-order sandwiches and salads, homemade baked goods and smoothies with fresh fruit.
- The Liquiteria menu offers a wide range of cold pressed juices, cleansing options, superfood smoothies, herbal supplements, healthy snacks and remarkably fresh and wholesome grab and go options. Their menu is custom designed to ensure that you don't just survive, you thrive.
- Their mission: Create a friendly, accessible juice bar where New Yorkers of all lifestyles, ages, and dietary backgrounds could experience the energizing effects of fresh, raw juices made with premium ingredients—conveniently and affordably.
If you want to pair something together:
The Fhitting Room (Lexington Ave) and Exceed (Third Ave) both on the UES (Upper East Side) you will be close to Birdbath, Candle 79, and there is also an Organic Avenue that isn't too far away. SLT midtown is also close to Blue Dog Cafe for a post gym meal.
Have any other suggestions? Please comment below to add to the ever - growing list!