MOVE YOUR BODY LOVE YOUR BODY- TOP TIPS ON NOURISHING YOUR BODY
Posted on 06 February 2014
Cassie Mendoza-Jones from Elevate Vitality is a trained naturopath, nutritionist and herbalist. She shares her top tips on how to best nourish your body as part of our Move your body, Love your body month! Check out her video and tips below:
- Eat enough protein. Protein is not only a building block in forming lean muscle but also crucial in making us happy!
- Eat good fats. Good fats are essential for brain health, without them our brain won't function as well.
- Don't be scared of carbs. Berries and gluten free grains are great sources of carbs that will help keep your energy levels up.
- Have a good relationship with food. Don't punish yourself for slipping up!
- Find out what works for you! Everyone's body functions differently, which means what we eat will affect everyone differently. Experiment with different meals and food and see what works for you!
- It is really important to eat protein and carbs 30min to 2hours after exercise, or all the muscle building and toning benefits will be dramatically reduced!
Watch the video below for some extra tips :)