Coconut Water: Mother nature's gift
Posted on 18 December 2013
Coconut water has become very popular and it's no longer that drink you could only get whilst laying on a beach somewhere in Fiji. It's got proven health benefits too, so it doesn't only taste good, but is good for you!
Coconut water is a clear, sweet liquid with a delicious nutty taste. The liquid comes from within the coconut, when you first crack it open, it's free flowing inside, and you can quite literally, pop a straw in and enjoy the taste right then and there. The health benefits are easy to get down too!
- Coconut water is great for hydrating as it's full of electrolytes and minerals that are vital for bodily functions, important for movement, brain operation, and nerve transmission.
- It's natural sugars are a great alternative to sports drinks, and the slightly sweetened flavour helps kick those sugar cravings too.
- It contains NO fat, NO cholesterol, and NO preservatives. It's rich in enzymes, Vitamin C, amino acids and minerals such as Magnesium and Potassium. Both of these elements aid in weight loss as they speed up the metabolism, and create a feeling of fullness.
- It's safe to drink for pregnant and breast feeding women. Even children can enjoy it!
- Not only does it taste great, it's also a great addition to your cooking!
Handy hint: Coconut water doesn't keep very long, so make sure you enjoy a freshly opened bottle right away.
If you can't choose the perfect Coconut water, our preferred choice is by Raw C. Check them out on www.rawc.com.au. So grab one of these yummy drinks, and start enjoying it's goodness today!