Travel in Style
Posted on 02 October 2013
While our lives become busier and less compartmentalized, the world also seems to become even smaller. While we traverse it ever more frequently, the question of what to wear on said journeys—be it by plane, train, or automobile—still vexes. On the one hand, you want pieces that are comfortable and practical but also stylish enough that you can hop off the plane and go straight to a breakfast meeting or tour a city while you wait for your hotel room to be ready.
To ease the pain of traveling (brutal red-eye flights and seemingly endless security check queues), its best to keep your look simple and smart.
Vie Active’s Mile-High Style Tips
- Keep your look simple. The easiest way to do this is by wearing mostly black when you travel. Throw in one accent color, such as bright yellow.
- Wear socks! Is there anything worse than forgetting to pack socks and then having to tiptoe through the security line with bare feet? I think not…
- Forget anything strappy or full of buckles. As said before, simplicity is key. Our go-to travel shoes are a simple ballet flat, sneaker wedge or hightop.
- Minimize your jewelry. Instead of piling your wrists with watches and bracelets keep your accessories to a minimum. Nine times out of ten you will be asked to remove everything before going through airport security.
- Layer up. Wear your most comfortable pair of tights—preferably in a dark color. Top off your look with a simple tee or loose tank and a breathable statement-making jacket . Finally, twist on a scarf (or pack one in your carry-on). We all know that planes get chilly!
Do you have a no-fail in-flight outfit? What do you like to wear?