Posted on 24 October 2013
These breakfast cookies, inspired by Teresa Cutter from the Healthy Chef have been on high rotation at Vie Active headquarters lately as a quick breakfast or snack on the run. Super simple, and super healthy. You can't really ask for more in a homemade baked good!
- 1 full cup apple puree (unsweetened) you can also use a very ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract.
- 60 ml light flavoured olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 160 C. 320 F – fan forced.
- Combine apple puree, vanilla with the cinnamon, oil and honey.
- Add oats, coconut, flaxseed, raisins and apple.
- Mix together well with your hands, squeezing the mixture together until it starts to bind.
- Form into 12 cookies.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and enjoy.
Makes 12 cookies
Will keep for 5 days wrapped in a sealed container.