The Party Dress Season Workout
Posted on 10 November 2013
With all these gorgeous blue sky and stunning warm days in Sydney it's beginning to feel A LOT like Summer. It seems like bikini season is already upon us! With the previous cold weather, puffy jackets and layers we've all been wearing in previous weeks, you may not have noticed the extra couple kilos creep on over winter. This little workout is a great one to prep the body for bikini season. You'll certainly feel it in all the right places perfect for the strapless dress season. After a few of these sessions your butt will feel firmer, back more toned and your arms nice and tight. Just in time for your big day day at the races or work party.
20 minute run (include some hills). After 5 minutes of cruisy pace, throw in some intervals for the next 15 minutes. Either increase your speed or incline on/off for a minute.
3 x 20:
- Medicine Ball Squat and side leg lift
- Dumbbell Tricep pushup, plank, row to rear fly
3 x 20:
- Dumbbell chest fly & glute bridge. Lying on your back, perform your chest fly while keeping your hips lifted the whole time.
- Dumbbell Tricep extensions & glute bridge. Lying on your back, perform your tricep extensions while keeping your hips lifted the whole time.
- Medicine Ball Russian twist
Body weight butt lift & tone
- Side plank – kickout, leg abductors & pulse (10 each – both sides)
- Glute bridge – single leg glute bridge – hip swivel glute bridge (10 each – both sides)
- side plank – kickout, leg abductors & pulse (10 each – both sides)
Shop the look: