A model's life: Matilda Finnegan
Posted on 12 August 2013
- What is your go-to workout? Being a model involves being very lean and toned. I opt for lots of cardio, interval running with sprints & incline sprints. I love Pilates & yoga but am really enjoying long walks with my kelpie. He keeps me active!
- How do you tone up quickly for a big shoot? I train with Zanna Cox, plain and simple! Sessions involve lots of running, burpees, squats and boxing to tone up my arms & shoulders. If I have spare time I swim and do synchronise swimming.
- What do you typically eat? I try to eat as clean as possible. No processed foods or soft drink! Although, I never deprive myself of any cravings. If I'm craving chocolate, I will eat it in a small serving! I find that when I restrict myself I cheat with my diet, eating at the right times and incorporating foods I like prevent the junk food binge!
- What's your workout ethos? Maintaining and progressing with my weight and workouts is a hard task. I focus on what my body tells me. If I'm feeling great ill do a great workout. If I'm feeling sluggish ill do Pilates and if I'm feeling a little bit stressed ill take my kelpie out for a long walk. My theory is to never stop exercising, it makes me happy and free. I alter my workouts to the mood I'm in. I must be consistent and never give up :)
- Favourite snack on the run? BSC protein balls or an apple. Usually, shoots start early an end late. so I pack myself some nuts to munch on through out the day.
- What do you look for in activewear? As I am quite tall, having longer clothing is a must! I like singlets to almost cover my hips, my compression pants to cover my ankles & my jackets to reach my arms. I also opt for bright colours or prints I like. Leopard happens to be a huge favourite, it makes you feel sexy, strong and I think it makes you run a little faster!