Gluten & Sugar Free Banana, Date and Walnut Muffins
Posted on 01 August 2013
Guest Post: Vie Activists Felicia and Diana from Fitchicks in training
A super delicious and nutritious recipe for you to get your Betty Crocker on.
- 250g pitted dates (chopped)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)1 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 90g organic butter or coconut butter for dairy free option
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 180'C.
- Grease 12x cup muffin pan.
- Place dates, water and butter in saucepan and cook over a low heat until butter is melted, stirring gently. Stir in bi carb soda and turn off heat and cool slightly.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and coconut in a separate bowl and make a well in the centre of mixture.
- Add eggs, bananas and warm date mixture into well of dry ingredients. Gently and lightly combine wet and dry mixtures with a spatula taking care not to over mix and add walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 180'C for 25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins before turning muffins out. Serve warm (with a little butter/coconut butter for even more deliciousness)