A model's life: New York City's Nadia Murgasova
Posted on 25 July 2013
Nadia Murgasova, a 26 year old model from Slovakia, was scouted on the street by several different agencies between the ages of 14-16, and finally decided to try to do it professionally when she turned 17. Working and traveling for the past ten years, mostly in Asia, with about two and half years in Japan, a year in Hong Kong, then South Africa, USA, London, Barcelona, Milan and then one of her favorite places in the world- Sydney, Australia, where she is represented by Chadwicks agency. Earlier this year Nadia moved to NYC and is loving the life and work there. Living and breathing une vie active (an active life), we chat with her about what she does to stay fit and how she keeps her bod in such great shape!
- What is your go-to workout? I usually run/jog about 10km, then go to the park and do squats, sit-ups and stretching. I also try to play tennis as much as I can and do bikram yoga, kayaking, climbing... Also if I can and depending on the country in (one of the reasons I love Australia and Bondi in particular!), I paddle board and surf a lot.
- How do you tone up quickly for a big shoot? Before a big shoot I try to change my diet, I won't eat after 5 and I go for long runs to lean up.
- What do you typically eat? I eat lots of fruit, vegetables, fish, sushi... My weakness is ice cream :)
- What's your workout ethos? I don't like very aggressive workout, I prefer to workout longer but in a slower pace
- Favorite snack on the run? Natural nuts,dates and dried cranberries
- What do you look for in activewear? I like fitted, flattering activewear, pretty colors and very important is a good material.
Shop Nadia's look here.